Re: Slow lmtpd

On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 15:00 +1100, Rob Mueller wrote:
> Yep, there's obviously a 2 sided limit here.
>
> Too few lmtpds and postfix won't be able to deliver incoming mail fast
> enough, and thus the mail queue on the postfix side will build up.

I'll try some config tweaking here... I guess it'll take some
experimenting and time to find the best combination.

> I guess the questions then is, in normal operating conditions when you're
> not flushing a postfix queue:
> 1. Is the cyrus server overloaded?
> 2. Does the postfix queue build up at all, or is delivering to lmtp fast
> enough?

In general the problem starts when postfix flushes the queue, and then
it's kind of a snowball effect because cyrus can't recover.

I've lowered my lmtpd process limit and also the concurrency limit in
postfix. Let's see how this goes...

Thanks for all the help
Andre

----