Re: improvements and corrections in the upgrade-documentatin

peter pilsl wrote:

I recently upgraded from 2.0.16 to cyrus 2.2 and first followed the "offical" upgrade-document at http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/imapd/install-upgrade.html

This document has several serious flaws.

neither the recommended rehash works as proposednor could I convert the mailboxes.db in the recommended way. As I found many other people in various forums that have the same problems I put up a webpage that lists alternate ways:

http://www.goldfisch.at/knowwiki/migrate_cyrus

Maybe it would be helpful to put a link to this document in the official upgrade-document or just copy the relevant parts there, so other migrating-people will have easier task in migrating.

Could you send a patch against the current documentation that incorporates your changes?

--
Kenneth Murchison
Project Cyrus Developer/Maintainer