Re: Cyrus imapd stalling with multiple instances

Ken Murchison wrote:
Entries in cyrus.conf need to have unique names, like 'imapext' and 'imapint' or 'imap1', 'imap2', etc

Thank you, it looks like this has fixed the problem.

This is a good example of very sad configuration error. My configuration was clearly illegal, and as such, pretty easily recognizable by software. Also it resulted in very annoying and hard to debug behaviour. What I'm trying to say is that in case like this, cyrus should have complained about illegal configuration and either refused to start or disabled duplicate entries.

Some kind of log entry like "Error: duplicate service name in cyrus.conf line X" or anything.
----