Re: Message contains invalid header

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006, Marten Lehmann wrote:

Hello,

If it's mails from the broken Lotus Notes client that's the problem (and they're the only ones we saw here), it's caused by a null Message-ID header; just have your SMTP server remove those.

no, it is not just at mails from Notes clients. I also get this error on messages with correct Message-ID. We cannot simply refuse mails because some clients don't implement the standards 100% correctly. Our users still need the mails and every mailclient can handle it even with errors.

And even Cyrus does handle it if I'm putting such a message in the mailbox and do a reconstruct!

So why is it refused at lmtp time? How can I disable this? It is really important for me!

Find the code in the source of Cyrus and modify it. There is no runtime option to disable this.

	Andy
----