Re: renaming a mailbox fails

* Marten Lehmann <lehmann@xxxxxx> [20061017 10:43]:
> Hello,
>
> within cyradm I'm trying to rename a folder.
>
> My goal would be to rename a mailbox from
>
> user/test@xxxxxxx

> backup/2006-10-17/test@xxxxxxxxx or
> backup/2006-10-17/1-test@xxxxxxx
>
> But renaming always fails, even with really simple renames:
>
> rename user/test@xxxxxxx user/test2@xxxxxxx
>
> renamemailbox: Operation is not supported on mailbox
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> > lam user/test@xxxxxxx
> test@xxxxxxx lrswipcda
>
> Is any right missing?

Set 'allowusermoves' to '1' in imapd.conf?  From the imapd.conf man
page:

  allowusermoves: 0

  Allow moving user accounts (with associated meta‐data) via RENAME or XFER.

  Note  that  measures  should  be taken to make sure that the user being
  moved is not logged in, and can not login during the move.  Failure  to
  do  so  may  result in the user’s meta‐data (seen state, subscriptions,
  etc) being corrupted or out of date.

Ben
----