Re: Running murder in unified config

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006, Jesus Roncero wrote:

Hi all,
Again with one of my questions. I am trying to run a murder installation, with two boxes. My idea is to run a frontend/backend box in unified config and one extra backend. The thing I was trying to set up is to run the frontend/backend/mupdate master on the same box, but it looks like it is not possible. Looking at the source code at imap/mupdate.c we have something like this:

if (masterp &&
   config_mupdate_config == IMAP_ENUM_MUPDATE_CONFIG_UNIFIED) {
   /* XXX  We currently prohibit this because mailboxes created
    * on the master will cause local mailbox entries to be propagated
    * to the slave.  We can probably fix this by prepending
    * config_servername onto the entries before updating the slaves.
    */
    fatal("can not run mupdate master on a unified server", EC_USAGE);
}

So, is there anyway to run the mupdate master on the same node where the frontend/backend unified config is running? or do I need to place it in a different box? on one backend?

You would need to run the mupdate master as a separate installation of cyrus (at least a separate configdirectory). The backend and the mupdate master cannot share the same mailboxes.db file. Just guessing on that part, but it seems logical to me.

	Andy
----