Fedora 5 + Postfix + Cyrus and i don't get it to work

Dear all

I am not sure if this is the right forum to place my question. If not i would appriceate if everyone would forgive me my mistake.

I have a Standard Fedora 5 Installation running. Standard meens to me everything installed via RPMs (the Cyrus-sasl2.12 package as well) except the Berkeley 4.5 Database.

I configured postfix and it is working as far as i could see. I tried to send emails from the webmin interface and everything worked fine. The emails were delivered and i can also receive emails. I have a MySQL Database running which i use for other purpose and is also working well.

So i downloaded the packages for Cyrus and tried to install them as described. But everytime, when i try "./configure" with the path options for the berkeley db, for sasl it stops with an error message telling me that sasl2 is needed. But i am sure that i had the correct path info. It is under /usr/local/sasl2. I then tried to install the sasl2. The ./configure command was successful, but when i tried the make command i received some errors with no meaning to me.

Now i wonder if anyone has an installation of Cyrus with Postfix and Fedora 5 ?? If so, i would appreciate your help on this topic. Maybe you can tell me what i am doing wrong or show me how you have installed the whole package.

I would like to thank you in advance.

Kind regards
Carsten Laun-De Lellis
Hauptstrasse 13