Re: Cyrus, Solaris 10, ZFS? (and NIS?)

On Oct 5, 2006, at 13:59, Elizabeth Schwartz wrote:

>There's a bug in ZFS regarding performance problems when fsync'ing
>file descriptors -- there's apparently going to be a patch coming
>"real soon now" -- your options are:

Thanks!

Ugh, that would be bad news. Except, I think the delay is happening earlier. The delay is between the A001 login and A001 ok, and the only zfs file system is the mail spool (I should have spelled that out)

I've been playing with the dtrace toolkit this afternoon - still a bit stuck on how to get from my tcp port connection to the process number to run dtrace dtruss (lsof *should* be the right tool but I'm missing a step somewhere)

"topsyscall" is also really a good way to see what fun things are going on with the machine. Damn I'm in love with dtrace ;)

Once you find out what your PID is after you connect, connect 'dapptrace' to it. It'll give you a run down of all of the function calls* that are going on (as they're going on), so you'll really get an idea of what's going on.

*yes, function calls. Not just syscalls. Don't ask how it works -- it's magic.

-rob
----