Re: Trying to install murder

Jesus Roncero wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to get a murder installation on a couple of test machines, on one of which I don't have root access, so I installed a patched

I have found why it was not working with me. After googling extensively with no luck at all (I got some hints though), I found in one of my work colleagues mail archives the solution, from this mailing list. It is from a message dated in January 2006. The reason google doesn't find it is (probably) because there are no archives from January at http://lists.andrew.cmu.edu/pipermail/info-cyrus/

Anyway, so here it goes so it can be properly archived. Apparently murder needs to do all the comunications between the frontends and the backends using CRAM-MD5 or TLS, if not, it would refuse to start. Looks like that is not documented anywhere or I am getting blind. Anyway, hope that it helps.

I guess that you will hear more about me as soon as I step into more problems :)

Best regards.
--
Jesus Roncero <jesus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
System Developer