Re: root mailbox/partition permission problem

On Sep 22, 2006, at 2:33 PM, Andreas Winkelmann wrote:

Am Friday 22 September 2006 22:48 schrieb Josh M. Hurd:

this is what I get from lam now:

localhost> lam user/%
user/christen:
   christen lrswipcda
user/jhurd:
   jhurd lrswipcda
user/junkmail:
   jhurd lrswipcda
   junkmail lrswipcda
user/notjunkmail:
   jhurd lrswipcda
   notjunkmail lrswipcda
user/stef:
   stef lrswipcda

it looks to me like I should not have permission to see these
mailboxes?

Show your imapd.conf and tell us "Who" you are.

I login as emailadmin as both cyrus and cyrusimap don't allow logins
with the following error:
Mail is not enabled for this user at /System/Library/Perl/5.8.6/
darwin-thread-multi-2level/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm line 118
cyradm: cannot authenticate to server with  as cyrusimap

/etc/impad.cond

admins: cyrus cyrusimap emailadmin

"emailadmin" is admin and of course able to see all Mailboxes, regardless if
it is specified with "sam".

sorry, I must have mislead you. I login to cryadm with the account emailadmin but my own mail account is jhurd which is not an admin. I can see user/* in my mail client logged in as jhurd (non-admin) and in cryadm for that matter. and or course the same with emailadmin since it is an admin account.

This is the problem. my account is not an admin account but it acts like one. I have in the past added this account to the admins, could there be something cached or similar? i have of course restarted imap after making this change.

configdirectory: /var/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
unixhierarchysep: yes
servername: XXXXXXXXX
sievedir: /usr/sieve
sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
tls_cert_file: /etc/certificates/XXXXXXXXX.crt
tls_key_file: /etc/certificates/XXXXXXXXX.key
mboxlist_db: skiplist
seenstate_db: skiplist
log_rolling_days: 15
log_rolling_days_enabled: false