Migrating from UW: Mailbox does not exist

I just used imapsync to migrate some accounts from a UW server to Cyrus IMAP. Things went fairly smoothly, except when encountering parent directories that contained mboxes:

 From Folder mail/archive/reports : Could not select 2314
 NO SELECT failed: Can't open mail/archive/reports:
 not a selectable mailbox

When checked after migration with cyradm, I get:

 localhost> lam user.jorey.archive.reports
 Mailbox does not exist

But the subfolders were transferred properly:

 localhost> lam user.jorey.archive.reports.mail
 jorey lrswipkxtecda

I can fix the parent with cyradm by creating it:

 localhost> cm user.jorey.archive.reports

And now it behaves properly in my client, allowing messages to be stored alongside subfolders.

I have another server to migrate, and would like these subdirectories to be recreated properly during the process, as there are many more accounts to move. Has anyone else encountered this and found a solution? I couldn't identify an option in the imapsync documentation or any way to apply this recursively to Cyrus mailboxes after migration. Any tips are welcome.

----