Re: 5.1.1 User unknown bounces

jschueler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
My effort to install Cyrus has been largely successful.

I would expect to see a function to bounce email with a "5.1.1 User unknown"
error.  But I haven't seen this function described or even acknowledged
within Cyrus.

As far as I understand, I need a hook for my MTA (Sendmail) to query.  Does
one of the /usr/cyrus/bin utilities provide this function?  It seems easy
enough to roll my own.  How do other Cyrus administrators handle this
requirement?

If you are running Sendmail, look into Sendmail's socket map support (smmapd). The Cyrus 2.2.3 changes list:

  Sendmail socket map support (smmapd) for verifying that mailboxes exist
  and are deliverable before accepting the message and sending it to
  Cyrus.

Otherwise, just let Sendmail queue the message and attempt to deliver the message to Cyrus. If the user does not exist, Cyrus will let Sendmail know during the LMTP handshake.

	Andy
----