Re: Mailbox does not exist

On 01.09.2006, at 20:10, Cristian Mitrana wrote:

* Wil Cooley wrote [Friday, September 01, 2006 09:00:00 AM -0700]

On Wed, 2006-08-30 at 13:18 +0200, Bart Van Loon wrote:

> Actually, that's how I think it should work - I'm not sure, though, as
> I never used deliver...

so how do you have cyrus deliver your mails then? :-)

Most people these days deliver with LMTP from their MTA; see lmtpd(8).
And they use Sieve for filtering, instead of procmail.

I think the original poster's intention is to download mails from his ISP with fetchmail, then via procmail to cyrus (with deliver). But I think you are right, since recent fetchmail knows how to deliver to a lmtp socket this should be more easier and faster (see the smtphost delivery option in the fetchmail manual).

The initial poster of the question wants to do procmail filtering, so I think the choice he did is reasonable - if you're piping mails anyway, deliver is just fine. I think the comment with LMTP was only to clarify that there are other means of getting the messages into the system; I don't think it was a suggestion and I don't think that LMTP is better in this specific case (in general, I prefer it, though).

Baltasar

--
Baltasar Cevc

_____ former 03 gmbh