Re: sync_client stalls the rest of cyrus while 'no route to host'

On 29 Aug 2006, at 18:38, Bron Gondwana wrote:
I fail to see the difference between this and a single big log file where each replica keeps track of where it's up to in the log file and then seeks to that spot, reads up to say 10,000 lines and processes that, then stores the new location so they next process can seek directly there before starting.

I like multiple log files for two reasons. First, it allows me as an admin to use a tool like "ls" to decide how far along any particular replica is. Second, code exists that does this.

This pattern means a lot less copying data to multiple log files and deleting
again.

Log files are pretty small.

:wes
----