Re: deliver.db conversion to skiplist

On 29 Aug 2006, at 11:22, Shelley Waltz wrote:
My question is - should I convert the deliver.db to skiplist? If I simply move it elsewhere and change the imapd.conf to use a deliver.db in skiplist
and restart, what is lost?  Surely this huge db contains information
necessary and useful to the message system?

The database contains message-IDs of already delivered messages. It is used to suppress duplicate messages to the same users. Removing the database may allow some (small) number of duplicates to be delivered. You should have a line like:

EVENTS {
        # expire messages and deliver.db entries
        delprune        cmd="cyr_expire -E 1" at=0300
}

in your cyrus.conf file. This ought to keep deliver.db from growing out of bounds. If deliver.db has become corrupt, simply deleting it is a good plan.

:wes

----