Re: How to restrict pop/imap access by user/group names

Hi Kai,

On 15.08.2006, at 19:11, Kai Wang wrote:
Thanks, Baltasar . I understood the main idea. Currently we use one imapd.conf file. We configured cyrus -> saslauthd -> pam -> (cas) ldap to do authentication. We want to use pam.cas but haven't tested it yet. We can not do a select statement. Do you have any idea about this?
Using that setup I don't think you can achieve what you want. You need some point where you can fetch that information and saslauthd is a single instance which will always produce the same SASL result for the same user/password combination. Even if you could work around that (using multiple instances), you'd have to configure different PAM services to pass on the information.

So the way you should go is to check whether hte ldap auxprop plugin gives you some mechnism to restrict answers.

Baltasar

--
Baltasar Cevc

_____ former 03 gmbh