Re: Good book on Cyrus?

Forrest Aldrich wrote:

Ken Murchison wrote:
Wesley Craig wrote:
On 17 Jul 2006, at 09:59, Forrest Aldrich wrote:
Short answer, there are no good books. Managing IMAP is minimally useful - in a basic sense.

The one salient chapter happens to be online:

    http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/mimap/chapter/ch09.html

if that helps.

However, I contacted O'Reilly about a possible "Nutshell" book, and as I recall the response was there were no plans for anything.

And so, we have this large scalable product that doesn't have a good book - it's complex enough that it deserves one.

I would think there's a good market fo a Cyrus IMAP book. Did _Managing IMAP_ sell particularly poorly?

I along with several current and former CMU folks have talked numerous times about writing a Cyrus book (our preference would be to do it with O'Reilly), but we've never gotten beyond the "it would be a good idea stage).

Perhaps if we get a "Cyrus Center" up and running with proper funding, we'd be able to consider authoring a book more seriously.

This would be a wonderful idea. I think this is well overdue, particularly after the addition of Cyrus Murder.

A great opportunity to get more Cyrus out there, and better reference, examples, etc.

Assuming the potential authors know what they're talking about  ;)

--
Kenneth Murchison
Systems Programmer