Re: Legal cyrus mailbox names?

James Yale wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out what I can actually have as a valid mailbox name in cyrus, due to problems with mail being delivered to the wrong account.

I realise I can't have any '.' in the name, but currently mail for user 'jim+test' (who can login just fine) is being delivered to user 'jim' instead.

In this case, you'd want to read about subfolder addressing (or plus addressing).

I've also seen people suggesting that mailboxes can be user@xxxxxxxxxx, but I get permission denied whenever I try and create a mailbox in that format.

You'd want to set up virtual domains to accomplish this.

Any suggestions/links to good documentation would be appreciated :)

Start with http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/imapd/faq.html since you'll see both of these topics covered.

Thanks,

Dave

----