Re: restore email

On Wed, 2 Aug 2006, Sam wrote:

Hi I am not using Legato backup client. What I have is only a copy of the user /mail/imap/spool/user/sam directory.
eg.
# ls -l
total 52
drwx------  2 root  wheel    512 Aug  1 17:24 Drafts
drwx------  2 root  wheel    512 Aug  1 17:24 Sent Items
drwx------  2 root  wheel    512 Aug  1 17:24 Trash
-rw-------  1 root  wheel      4 Aug  1 17:24 cyrus.cache
-rw-------  1 root  wheel    179 Aug  1 17:24 cyrus.header
-rw-------  1 root  wheel     76 Aug  1 17:24 cyrus.index
-rw-------  1 root  wheel  39983 Aug  1 17:24 cyrus.squat

Can I just copy the older fodlers/files from the backup server to the production mail server and execute steps 12 and 13 as you mentioned below?

I found that reconstruct didn't work quite right unless I only had the message files and the cyrus.header file (don't copy over the other cyrus.xxx files).

Don't forget to set the unix ownership and permissions to whatever your cyrus user is.

	Andy
----