Re: High availability email server...

Chad A. Prey wrote:
OK...I'm searching for strategies to have a "realtime" email backup in
the event of backend failure. We've been running cyrus-imap for about a
year and a half with incredible success. Our failures have all been due
to using junky storage.

One idea is to have a continuous rsync of the cyrus /var/spool/imap
and /var/lib/imap to another server

The newest version of Cyrus supports replication. I'd suggest looking into this.

http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/imapd/install-replication.html

I've also considered delivering email to two discreet email backends and
keeping the /var/lib/imap file sync'd . I don't think I can use murder
to do this.

Is anyone out there using RHEL in a cluster that would like to share
their architecture? Any contractors out there that want to get paid to
help us implement?

Chad P.
cprey@xxxxxxxx
Salk Institute for Biological Studies