Re: Cyrus IMAPd 2.3.7 Released

Timo Veith wrote:
Am Dienstag 11 Juli 2006 03:19 schrieb Ken Murchison:
I am pleased to announce the release of Cyrus IMAPd 2.3.7.  This
release should be considered late beta quality, reflecting that most
large bugs have been resolved, but some small buglets might still
remain.

This release fixes problems with replication and virtual domains as
well as a byte-alignment problem on 64-bit machines.

Please note that replication still does not work correctly for
mailboxes which have the IMAP CONDSTORE extension enabled on them. Since most, if not all, mainstream IMAP clients still do not have
support for CONDSTORE, this deficiency in Cyrus IMAP should not impact
many sites. It is expected that the next release will properly support
replication of CONDSTORE-enabled mailboxes.

For full details, please see doc/changes.html and
doc/install-upgrade.html which are included in the distribution.

URLs for this release:
ftp://ftp.andrew.cmu.edu/pub/cyrus/cyrus-imapd-2.3.7.tar.gz
or
http://ftp.andrew.cmu.edu/pub/cyrus/cyrus-imapd-2.3.7.tar.gz

Questions and comments can be directed to
info-cyrus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (public list), or
cyrus-bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

do I recall correctly that there was a mail in the archive where the possibility of add the autocreate patch to a newer cyrus version? Something was about to be changing in the murder code or so and thatfore it could be possible or so.

How far has this issue come?

I haven't looked at it. I've been working on stuff that CMU needs (autocreate isn't one of them). If a version of the autocreate patch is posted that works in all modes (altnamespace, unixhierarchysep, virtdomains, Murder), then we will most likely accept.

--
Kenneth Murchison
Systems Programmer