account naming

I just setup my first cyrus mail server using postfix and i have web-cyradm running as well.

I noticed that you can only name the accounts one of two ways, domain prefix on, which appends the domain to the user name aka, user.name.domain.com and with prefix off its just mail0001. Is there a work around for this to just get user.name without the domain? ive tried sending mail and it tries to send the mail to user.name.domain.com@xxxxxxxxxx instead of user.name@xxxxxxxxxxx Ive been googling but its not coming up with very much useful information.
Thanks for your help

Nick
----