Re: Good book on Cyrus?

I found the hint to the following German Book

POP3 und IMAP
Mailserver mit Courier und Cyrus

Von: Heinlein, Peer (4) / Hartleben, Peer
Verlag: 	Open Source Press
Ausstattung: 	Hardcover
Seitenzahl: 	350
Best.Nr.: 	OP-11
ISBN: 	3-937514-11-2
Preis: 	EUR 39,90 (inkl. MwSt.)
Erscheinungstermin: 	ca. 07/2006

but it is not yet in the shops and i don't know if there is an english version or if it is useful

Quoting Forrest Aldrich <forrie@xxxxxxxxxx>:

This has been discussed before.

Short answer, there are no good books.   Managing IMAP is minimally
useful - in a basic sense.

However, I contacted O'Reilly about a possible "Nutshell" book, and as
I recall the response was there were no plans for anything.

And so, we have this large scalable product that doesn't have a good
book - it's complex enough that it deserves one.

I suspect the bottom line here is funding.  Nobody wants to pay for it.

Perhaps some other publishers might be more open to something of this
nature.  I certainly would appreciate it.

Forrest

James Brown wrote:
Does anyone know of any good book on Cyrus and Cyrus-sasl?

The only one I can find is "Managing IMAP" by Dianna Mullet & Kevin Mullet, which seems very old.

Thanks,

James.

M.Menge                                 Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universitaet Tuebingen                  Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum fuer Datenverarbeitung          mail: menge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Waechterstrasse 76
72074 Tuebingen

----