Re: Cyrus IMAPd 2.3.7 Released

Andre Böhm wrote:
Ken Murchison schrieb:
André Böhm wrote:
Hello,

after upgrading from 2.2.13 to 2.3.7, I have a very worrying problem
with lmtp.

When procmail tries to deliver mail via the "deliver" command, with
the "-a" option I get "master[96435]: process 99783 exited, signaled
to death by 11".

This is only on murder master and murder frontends. On the backend
seems not to be any problem.

Without the "-a" argument, deliver does work, but I cannot use any
extensions anymore because ACL for anyone would be needed.

What can I do to fix this? Or is there some changes in LMTP I were not
aware of?
Just to clarify, you only have this problem on frontend (proxy) machines
when using the -a option?

Sorry, my information was incomplete and not quite correct. Now I think
I mixed up two different things, but they may be connected.

On the frontend/proxy, the main problem is that delivery to the postuser
fails, with lmtpunix reporting: "verify_user() failed: Mailbox does not
exist"

By 'postuser' do you mean the value of the 'postuser' option in imapd.conf? Are you trying to deliver to a shared mailbox?

The problem with "signalled to death" happened 4 times as in syslog, but
I cannot repeat it.

On the murder master, the same problem exists with the postuser.
Additionally, attempts to use the -a parameter with deliver always
result in this:
lmtpunix[28915]: accepted connection
lmtpunix[28915]: lmtp connection preauth'd as postman
mupdate[5989]: cmd_find(fd:13, user.andre)
master[5981]: process 28915 exited, signaled to death by 11
master[5981]: service lmtpunix pid 28915 in BUSY state: terminated
abnormally

Is the murder master also a frontend machine (I assume it has to be if lmtpproxyd is listening)?

I can't reproduce this problem the problem here, but maybe I don't quite understand your config.

--
Kenneth Murchison
Systems Programmer