From: Ken Murchison [mailto:murch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 3:36 PM
To: Rosenbaum, Larry M.
Cc: info-cyrus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Cyrus IMAPd 2.3.7 Released

Larry Rosenbaum wrote:
After more testing, I have confirmed that v2.3.7 is doing something
nasty
with my Seen database.  To verify, I have done the following
experiment
(using Outlook):

1) Open my INBOX.

2) Mark a message as Unread.

3) Open INBOX.test

4) Open INBOX.  The message is no longer marked as Unread.

If I look at my xxx.seen file, it gets larger after each of steps 2,
3,
and
4.  I am using the default database type, which is (I think)
skiplist.
I am
not using auto-preview or reading the messages.
I don't recall touching anything w.r.t. \Seen state, unless the UIDs
in
cyrus.index are getting mangled.  I will look into this.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

[I suspect it may have done something unsavory with my Seen data,
but
unfortunately I didn't save a copy so I can go back and make sure.
will
continue to investigate.]

Larry R.

SunOS emroute1x 5.8 Generic_117350-16 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250
localhost> version
name       : Cyrus IMAPD
version    : v2.3.7 2006/07/10 13:46:20
vendor     : Project Cyrus
support-url: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus
os         : SunOS
os-version : 5.8
environment: Built w/Cyrus SASL 2.1.22
             Running w/Cyrus SASL 2.1.22
             Built w/Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.4.20:
(January
10,
2006)
             Running w/Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.4.20:
(January
10,
2006)
             Built w/OpenSSL 0.9.8a 11 Oct 2005