Re: metapartition information request

On Jun 30 Ken Murchison wrote:

Matt Bernstein wrote:

I would like to use different metapartitions for different metadata. In particular, I'd like the squat indexes to be on their own volume--which won't need to be backed up--and all the small cyrus files on (yet) another volume.

Is this possible?

Yes. Look at the metapartition_files and metapartition_name options in imapd.conf(5)

I did look at those, and even tried to Google for examples, but my reading of them is that you get to choose which of {header, index, cache, expunge, squat} you want on your metapartition, but you can only have one shared metapartition per partition. So I can't do what I want, ie put the squat files on a different volume to the other files if I also want to use a metapartition for them.

Am I missing something?
----