Re: Mailstore filesystem

On 03 Jul 2006, at 11:35, Daniel Eckl wrote:
At this time I didn't change the scheduler. In fact, I actually learned about it a few days ago... So it was SuSE 9.3 default (might be vanilla
default, don't know)

I think "anticipatory" is the default IO scheduler for SuSE 9.3 (from Google).

What would you recommend for cyrus? (or for ext3 running cyrus)? And are
there prefered scheduler for other fs, too, especially reiser and xfs?

It would probably depend on your setup. Given the problem you describe, tho, I would think that "deadline" would improve your performance. The 2.6 kernel has many tunable parameters. If you're pushing a server at all near its limits, you probably need to become an expert in performance tuning. Or buy more hardware :)

:wes
----