Re: help on failed upgrade

ignasigarcia@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi there!

Last week we upgraded our server from cyrus 2.1.15
(SuSE 9.0) to 2.2.21 (SuSE 10.1). we had some
/var/lib/imap problems that prevented us from even
starting cyrus. We managed to boot it up after
deleting some databases in db/ and backup/, after
following some thread in a forum. The result, all
email messages stored lost their state (read, unread,

The standard for the seen DB was changed from flat to skiplist as my memory recalls on that suse package. You should see database errors in your syslog coming from lmtpd and imapd. You need to convert all your seen-databases to skiplist if you want to use the default configuration. New states will not be added because the seen_db-engine can not even read your old flat files.

Workaround (ONLY if you see such errors in your log stating that seen_db is not readable): put

seenstate_db: flat

in your imapd.conf and do a "rcimap restart", and things should just continue as they did.

Pascal
----