Using non-default folder structures

Hello,

in our current maildir setup, we splitted the maildirs according to the first
two letters, which gives more performance to the filesystem since less entries
are in one directory.

Example: Mails to info@xxxxxxxx would be stored into

/var/spool/mail/t/te/test.com/info

How can I do this with Cyrus? Do I have to create a partition for each
combination of the first two letters?

Like

/var/spool/mail/a/aa
/var/spool/mail/a/ab
/var/spool/mail/a/ac
/var/spool/mail/a/ad
/var/spool/mail/a/ae

?

Also, we are treating subdomains differently, so a mail to info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
would be stored to

/var/spool/mail/t/te/test.com/mail/info

while a mail to info@xxxxxxxx would be stored to

/var/spool/mail/t/te/test.com/_/info

("_" is our "empty" subdomain)

Can I keep this structure with Cyrus (of course I cannot keep the
Maildir-directory and its content itself, I will use imapsync instead).

Regards
Marten

----