Re: what is the best way to migrate

Jared Watkins wrote:

I'm still looking for a way to do the sync without knowing the password
of the user.  Any idea's?
I've used a dummy ldap backend with a copy of all our accounts.. but with the same known password. You are down during the migration.. but it's fairly easy to setup and cutover.

Well, we are going to migrate nearly 40000 accounts, with some accounts being 4GB. Our aim is no downtime.

I had a look at the FAQ of imapsync and it seems that I can authenticate as the admin user, but authorize as a normal user. I hope that works! It would be great!

For no downtime we would kick of the sync in advance, and after some time we would have an almost identical copy. Then let the users connect to the new server(s) and let lmtp deliver to the new server(s). Then do a last sync to get the last mails over.

I haven't tested this, so maybe I'm to hopefull. Maybe we can do it for small/big accounts only. I'll see if I come to that.

Rudy
----