Re: what is the best way to migrate

> I'm still looking for a way to do the sync without knowing the password
> of the user.  Any idea's?
>
> Rudy

I modified imapsync and the Mail::IMAPClient it uses module slightly to
let myself do exactly this a few months ago.  Basically, I messed with
IMAPClient to add in PLAIN authentication as well as SSL and then modified
imapsync to authenticate as a cyrus admin (with *that* password), and
authorize as the user given from imapsync's input.  (Or did I switch up
authenticate and authorize - ugh.. I always get those confused)  I can
then sync as if I were the user without any sort of a problem - I've been
using it (and a modified uw-imapd) to migrate users from uw-imapd to cyrus
now without needing a user's password..

My code itself is a horrible hackjob I'm embarassed to have actually been
responsible for, but I was under pressure and time constraints (and
honestly, I had had only a few months of perl experience at that point), I
can show you the basic gist if you want.  It was pretty straightforward to
do, especially if you don't mind making it specific for your environment.

Matt
----