To: "David Korpiewski" <davidk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <info-cyrus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 10:17 PM
Subject: Re: Creating mailboxes

On Mon, 2006-06-19 at 15:04 -0400, David Korpiewski wrote:
So I have this particularly stupid newbie question but don't seem to
have a good answer yet:

I've found that I have to create the mailboxes for my users before they
can receive email.   However, to create the mailboxes, I've had to log
into cyradm and then run the "cm user.username" to make them.

This is fine, except that I want to script this process.  I'm sure other
people have done it.  We found a script that will do this, but we have
to put a username and password for one of the cyrus admins in it, which
makes the unix people around here uncomfortable.   Other than using
Kerberose for an authentication method to get into cyradm, is there any
other way to create mailboxes?

I know there is an option to create the mailbox on receive or something
like that. So that the first mail received autocreates the mailbox. The
user/password however you authenticate needs to exists obviously.
--
Nathanael D. Noblet
Gnat Solutions

----