Re: problem delivering messages

Hi thanks the reply i put the answers on message body following:
On 6/14/06, Sandy Drobic <cyrus-info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Luís Cargnini wrote:
Unfortunately, I don't know much about Sendmail (I prefer Postfix, thank
you very much ;-).
no problem
If sendmail is running, does the log show that your mail has been received?
yes it are been received

Could you please confirm that Sendmail is indeed listening on your ip
address and not only on localhost?
netstat -antp | grep ":25"
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:25              0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN      17966/sendmail: acc

Try to send a mail at the commandline on your server using "mail" or /usr
/sbin/sendmail".
i did it i sent an e-mail to my google mail accouunt from machine and it work

Also if a mails is received, does Sendmail try to deliver the mail to Cyrus?

it try

Can you deliver the message manually with the deliver command?

cat /some/example_mail | deliver -a cyrus -m user.cargnini

cat mailteste  | /usr/lib/cyrus/deliver -a cyrus -m user.cargnini
+user.cargnini: Message contains invalid header
as root
cargnini% cat /tmp/mailteste | /usr/lib/cyrus/deliver -a cyrus -m user.cargnini
couldn't connect to lmtpd: Permission denied
421 4.3.0 deliver: couldn't connect to lmtpd
(shark:~/freenet) cargnini%
as user
Jun 15 01:09:05 shark deliver[27255]: connect(/var/imap/socket/lmtp)
failed: Permission denied

Does such a mail appear in Cyrus?
i don't know how to verify ?

you can delete CRAM-MD5 and DIGEST-MD5 from the list, saslauthd does not
support shared-secret mechanisms.
ok deleting

Aside from that your Cyrus configuration looks fine.

Sandy
thnaks for all the help Sandy

--
Thanks && Regards