Re: Postfix Routing & Cyrus Virtdomains

Quoting Sandy Drobic <cyrus-info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Pedro Algarvio wrote:
With cyrus vitualdomain feature, cyrus accepts mail to be delivered via lmtp to user@foo. sadly postfix doesnt want to deliver to user@foo in virtual domain mode because he routes mail like user@foo@backend. Can cyrus also accept user%foo ? is there maybe some hack out?

If foo is not a fully qualified domain name then Postfix will qualify
the address with the value of $myorigin. It is possible to switch off
that behaviour though it is definitely not recommended since it causes
a lot of other stuff to break.

The recommended way is either to use usernames without the "@" in the
username or to use the username and the domainname together. In that
case you need to configure cyrus with virtdomain support as well.

Sandy
----

Well, the usernames without the @ was the old setup we had, we are now trying to migrate to 'virtdomains: userid' and 'unixhirerarchysep: yes'. We are also passing the username plus the domain together.

At first we tried username@xxxxxxxxxx@backend, but postfix does not like this, and it's also not RFC compliant. So this is where we're stuck.

We would like to keep using postfix'es virtual_alias_domains/virtual_alias_maps which is the way the system is setup right now, which correctly routes the mail *if* virtdomains is set to off and the user's mailboxes are in the form of username_domain_tld, and the routing address is username_domain_tld@backend.

Help on this subject would be very appreciated since we've been strugling on this subject for quite some time now.

Thanks,
--
Pedro Algarvio
`-------'    `-------'    ufs [AT] sapo [DOT] pt