Re: [arch-d] iesg: Re: Updates on IAB mailing lists

If the intent is that the list is specific to IAB activities (as I said in my response, that wasn't the intent in the past), then you all should update the description.  Personally, I think it's a handy list to have for purely technical discussions as opposed to all the non-technical discussions on the main IETF discussion list.

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 2:43 PM Melinda Shore <melinda.shore@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 4/20/20 10:44 AM, Toerless Eckert wrote:
>    1. It is called architecture-discuss@xxxxxxxx, not @iab.org

Note that ietf.org hosts a number of mailing lists that are not
"official" IETF activities.  You can find a list of all IETF
mailing lists at https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo.  The
main reason we have so many mailing lists is to group things which
are like and separate things which are not like, to keep discussions
manageable.  architecture-discuss exists to support the activities of
the IAB.  Presumably a discussion of homenet architecture would
not be welcome on architecture-discuss.

It seems to me that it makes more sense to request a new list for the
discussions that you'd like to have than to repurpose an existing list
over the objections of the list owners/managers/SAAs.

Melinda