Re: Usefulness of presentations [Re: IETF 107 Virtual Meeting Survey Report]

All,

IMO the quality of presentations differs from author to author and we are unlikely to change that. While in general I think Keith has a point if the slides would be really to point the issues to be discussed perhaps with 1-3 overview it would be all cool.

On the other hand I and others often when asking questions or making comment as presenter to move back to slide X. That helps to even state the question. And that is equally applicable to f2f or online meetings.

But to be constructive I would like to make two suggestions:

* Slides for the meeting should be posted before the draft cut-off date or together with the draft (in fact via the very same submission tool) if there is intention to present the topic. Min 2 weeks. Just posting the slides 12h or less (or in many cases after the meeting as they are unicasted to chairs only) does not help.

* Agenda order for each meeting should be dynamic - sorted by the interest of the WG participants before the meeting via doodle pool (which would close say 24h before the meeting starts or before f2f IETF starts). That way topics which are less important or have poor slides move to the end and those which are really key to the WG are on top - and that order to be a decision of the WG members.

Thx,
R.