Re: Assessment criteria for decision on in-person/virtual IETF 108

On 17 Apr 2020, at 11:31, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <jordi.palet=40consulintel.es@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

   The selection of independent sources is more problematic and we have chosen to use the US CDC and their travel advisory for Spain [4], which must be below Warning Level 3 (avoid nonessential travel) or the in-person meeting will not go ahead.  While recognising that the choice of a single US source may be contentious, we believe this is the best choice because all of our contracts have a force majeure clause that specifically lists the US CDC..

[Jordi] I've not looked at the information of the CDC about Spain, but this seems an US government organization and I'm sorry, but if that's the case, I don't think this is a trustable source.

I find it "so sad" to say so, but I also have concerns about the trustworthiness of statements by the current US Government on this matter.

- Stewart