Re: [Last-Call] [dmarc-ietf] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-dmarc-psd-08

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 7:45 PM Scott Kitterman <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think you are very close to an Abstract/Introduction that is clearly
> comprehensible to people who are not familiar with DMARC.

Considering this is an extension to DMARC, I don't think that's the target
audience.

As an individual: everyone who reads the document stand-alone gets confused by this lack of clarity (it's the common thread through all the last call reviews so far), and a concise summary up top feels valuable both for this evaluation process, and for any future consumers of the document. Whether someone's familiar with DMARC or not, if they're reading this document, what's the harm in spelling it out very clearly, especially if we have text that we believe accomplishes this?

Seth