Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: <draft-iesg-nomcom-eligibility-2020-00.txt> (Eligibility for the 2020-2021 Nominating Committee) to Best Current Practice

On 4/6/2020 9:18 AM, Adrian Farrel wrote:

However, this draft is to address a very specific need against a very tight timeline.

The risk is that if we debate your points, as I’m sure you’d agree is the correct thing to do, we will not reach agreement and consensus in time to seat this particular NomCom. I hope you will also agree that if we cannot put a NomCom in place in time, then we will jeopardise all of the processes and operational procedures of the IETF, and none of us would want that.

I completely agree with Adrian's assessment here. I have thoughts about many of the detailed points that AB has raised, but am not bringing them forth because driving them to conclusion would likely take more time than we currently have.

/a