Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: <draft-iesg-nomcom-eligibility-2020-00.txt> (Eligibility for the 2020-2021 Nominating Committee) to Best Current Practice

To the Author, and to IESG,

Please amend because this is influencing community to Choose 1 and not want to amend the eligibility.

Comment number 3
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
draft-iesg-nomcom-eligibility-2020-00> background>

1.  Do not count IETF 107 at all, for the purpose of NomCom
       eligibility, as BCP 10 clearly refers to in-person meetings only.
       NomCom eligibility would, therefore, be based on attendance at
       IETFs 102 through 106.

AB> draft-iesg-nomcom-eligibility-2020-00>  background> Amend >
1.  Do not count IETF 107 at all, for the purpose of NomCom
       eligibility, as considering IETF meetings to be in-person meetings only.
       NomCom eligibility would, therefore, be based on attendance at
       IETFs 102 through 106.

AB> The above that mentions BCP 10, makes the reader understand that this is the best choice, because this is the only point of the three in background that states BCP 10. The three point context is saying the discussion is centred around but still makes reference as arguing without argues/reference in two other points. We should let IETF participants read the draft and read the three options with out making an influence on their choice, or make other choices look not right.

AB> I disagree that BCP 10 is clearly referring otherwise why we are writing this draft if it was clear. However, it is clear that virtual real-time meeting was done long time ago, so the issue is depends on the meeting caller if you call 107 an IETF meeting then it is a meeting no doubt. Also, if the author does not want to amend or the community does n't want because of consensus, then please correct in the introduction or amend the following:

AB>amend in abstract and introduction>

The 2020-2021 Nominating Committee (NomCom) needs to be formed
   between IETF 107 virtual meeting and IETF 108 Madrid meeting,
Also, need to mention Vancouver venue was cancelled and why it was. The draft should explain that this is first time in the IETF that there was no availability in all IETF meeting venues, and that many cities are working virtually including the time we are discussing and writing this last-call-draft..

Best Regards
AB