Re: Off-topic: making WebRTC work in practice (Re: a brief pondering)

On Sun, Apr 05, 2020 at 04:09:10PM +0200, Harald Alvestrand wrote:
> Since I've been part of almost every single one of the removals that
> Cullen refers to, it's no surprise that my perspective differs.
>
> The push towards apps is, to my mind, mostly pushing towards *mobile*
> apps - they try to push users into the Android/IOS ecosystems because
> that's where most of the users are, and therefore most of the money is.
> On the desktop, the single vendor focusing near-exclusively on an app
> solution is Zoom.

It's true that Zoom does try to get me to install an app even on my linux
desktop, but my colleagues who use macOS or Windows systems find that Zoom
is hardly the only vendor that nudges them away from webRTC towards an app.
Cisco's Webex suite, in particular, has enough apps that I'm not sure I
could enumerate them all...

-Ben