Re: [Last-Call] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-dmarc-psd-08

On the process questions raised:

On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 12:06 AM Qin Wu via Datatracker <noreply@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Minor issue:
This document provide two registries, one is update of DMARC Tag Registry with
one new element, requested from IANA, the other is DMARC PSD registry
maintained by [psddmarc.org] and following IANA registry style, I see one is
standard registry, the other is non-standard registry, it is not clear to me
non-standard registry should be discussed in this document, which introduce
confusion, if we keep both, I am wondering why section 6 still requests to add
an element to standard registry, which functionality we add is experimental,
which functionality is not.

It's helpful here, I think, that the IANA Considerations section includes the IANA stuff, and an Appendix contains the other stuff.  I don't think this is particularly confusing; the two are well-separated.

Second related question, this draft updates informational RFC7489 with
additional components and rules, should the front page of this Experimental RFC
reflect this or not? Nits: Section 1 Somewhere subdommains is used, somewhere
sub-dommains is used, please be consistent. Section 3.5 said: "Specifically,
this is
   not a mechanism to provide feedback addresses (RUA/RUF) when an
   Organizational Domain has declined to do so.
"
Should a reference be added to RUA/RUF, RUA/RUF needs to be expanded or add
abbreviation section in the terminology section.

This is an experiment to see if RFC7489 should be augmented, i.e., is the experiment described here useful to DMARC?  If it turns out it is not, then saying this updated the base specification wouldn't be such a good thing. If it turns out that it is, then the DMARCbis work (which is about to start up) will incorporate the experiment such that it becomes permanent.

Section 3.2
 OLD TEXT:
"
If the 'np' tag is absent, the policy specified by the "sp" tag (if the 'sp'
tag is present) or the policy specified by the "p" tag, if the 'sp' tag is not
present, MUST be applied for non-existent subdomains. " NEW TEXT: " If the 'np'
tag is absent, the policy specified by the "sp" tag (if the 'sp' tag is
present) or the policy specified by the "p" tag( if the 'sp' tag is not present
and ‘p’tag is present), MUST be applied for non-existent subdomains. " Section
3.2 Change section 3.2 title from "3.2.  Section 6.3 General Record Format" To
3.2.  Changes in Section 6.3 "General Record Format" Similar changes can be
applicable to other places.

I'll leave this bit to the authors and co-chairs to resolve.

-MSK