Re: Off-topic: making WebRTC work in practice (Re: a brief pondering)

hey Carsten,

Am 01.04.20 um 13:53 schrieb Carsten Bormann:
In the university, a lot of WebRTC is using Jitsi as a tool.
This works mostly well, with occasional surprises.
What we could use now is a better way to diagnose these surprises.

https://test.webrtc.org/ (opensource but mostly abandoned) might help or https://network-test.testrtc.com/ (commercial) chrome://webrtc-internals or firefox about:webrtc are useful but require you to be an expert.

This requires WebRTC knowledge that our IT people don’t have.
A WebRTC troubleshooting guide that I could point them to would be most helpful

https://support.google.com/a/users/answer/7380413
is pretty good. Some of it is specific to Google meet but there is quite some general advice.

(Debugging and fixing Jitsi so it works reliably with both Firefox and Chrome would also help.)
Grüße, Carsten