Re: United Nations report on Internet standards

On 3/29/20 11:06 PM, Fred Baker wrote:

The one I specifically took exception to was KM's comment that governments routinely want early access and the ability to veto something. Specifically, the paper didn't mention that or in any way imply it; what it did mention was that policy-makers frequently need to be informed in order to not make stupid statements or decisions.

No, not in the paper, but we've certainly seen ample evidence of this over the years.    It's not an absolute statement of course, just an observed tendency.

Keith