Re: [MBONED] MBONE Deployment (mboned) WG Virtual Meeting: 2020-04-21

> ..or a reasonable assumption of a workable timeframe. 'Adopted' in the WG as you know is early in the process. Fortunately the effort behind all or this has come from Jake Holland at Akamai, and he has been developing the solution components, and demonstrating code at IETF Hack-a-thon for more than a year now.
>
> Start here:
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/106/materials/slides-106-mboned-multicast-to-the-browser-00.pdf

I have said it multiple times, and even to Jake himself, he is doing a great job. And I am encouraging and reviewing his designs.

But he is creating new technology more than a product. And an effort that needs to get done. He is solving hard problems at the network layer like congestion control and authentication. Even more kudos.

Maybe Akamai may want to productize this and that would be wonderful!

Dino