Re: IETF in July

I'd begin by asking myself:

- Do we need to think about 108 or 109 this week, or can we do it *AFTER* 107?

Regards,

Christer

On 25/03/2020, 23.22, "ietf on behalf of John Scudder" <ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx on behalf of jgs=40juniper.net@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    If I were making decisions about 108 and 109, I’d begin by asking myself:

    - What are the potential negative consequences of deciding, now, to have 108 and 109 be virtual meetings and being wrong? (By “wrong” I mean, the public health situation resolves rapidly worldwide, and the economy doesn’t suffer seriously, such that it would have been feasible to have a successful in-person meeting.)

    - What are the potential negative consequences of deciding, now, to have 108 and 109 be in-person meetings and being wrong? (By “wrong” I mean, the public health situation or the economic situation precludes a successful in-person meeting.)

    Obviously 108 and 109 can be considered separately if one thinks it necessary. These questions don’t even require guessing at the relative likelihoods of these outcomes, though that would presumably enter into the decision-making process down the line.

    —John