Re: Moved to Historic: RFC 5047 on DA: Datamover Architecture for the Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI)

Hi John,
At 09:08 PM 25-03-2020, John C Klensin wrote:
I assume it is due to all of the trauma around xml2rfc v3, but,
after reviewing the datatracker information, I'm a bit surprised
that it took the RFC Editor between early November and today to
post their announcement (if that announcement was needed at
all).  Or perhaps the wrong announcement was sent out as well as
the wrong RFC number and title and what really should have gone
out was the RFC publication announcement for
draft-ietf-dnsop-obsolete-dlv .

Yesterday, there were some comments about whether there was any announcement about retiring DNSSEC Lookaside Validation (DLV). From what I remember, that topic was discussed some time ago. I looked up the relevant RFCs and the datatracker to find out whether there was any information there. The reclassification was not reflected in the RFC Editor records. I posted a message to DNSOP about the matter and copied it to the RSE. I assume that it explains the following: https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf-announce/v80rDtxfHBPu7nvCLvxl9ym5ITg/

The RFC Editor lists the date of the status change for RFC 5074 as September 2019. However, the approval announcement was sent out in November 2019.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy