Re: videoconference technology challenge: choral rehearsals

Hmm... 130 orchestra members, each in their own home, good
microphones, good headsets. Audio from all members
gets centrally mixed and sent back to members. Likewise
composer video. I wouldn't be worried about sound floor,
a bit of adaptive mixing should well be able to take care of that.

Depending on distance, I would be worried about latency.
Differential latency is likely a big killer, but also absolute.

There are i think a bunch of those remote orchestra experiments,
but i have not seen good quantitative number about its impact
(differential/absolute).

There was a nice exhibition 2? years ago at SF MOMA of a (prerecorded)
small 6..8? people orchestra doing this gig within a larger home, each
in a different room. Would love to put a configurable latency mixer
into such a setup and see what happens when i play with latency and
jitter ;-)

Toerless

--
---