Re: [Ietf-and-github] Alvaro Retana's Discuss on draft-ietf-git-using-github-05: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Hi Alissa,
At 07:16 AM 12-03-2020, Alissa Cooper wrote:
Based on discussion with Alvaro on the IESG telechat today, I said I would take out the RFC Editor note about BCP 25 tomorrow if no one from the WG objects. This document will then get its own BCP number when it is published.

I read RFC 4858. Paragraph 3.c states that "The Document Shepherd then queries the ID Tracker to collect the remaining DISCUSS and COMMENT items raised against the document. The Document Shepherd analyzes these items and initializes contact with the ADs who have placed them." I did not see that being done for draft-ietf-git-using-github. Paragraph 2.b states that "If the Responsible Area Director has identified issues with a document that must be addressed before IESG Evaluation can commence, he or she sends a full evaluation to the Document Shepherd and SHOULD also enter the review into the ID Tracker." The authors of draft-ietf-git-using-github did not respond to any of the Last Call comments (excluding the reviews from the directorates).

The Last Call ended on March 3. There is some disagreement over whether the document should be a "BCP". I assumed that it would be resolved through discussion with what is sometimes referred to as the "IETF Community". My reading of your message is that it is for the working group to decide about that.

There was a GitHub disruption in 2018 which had an impact on IETF work. As such, it is neither an unforeseen incident nor some hypothetical scenario.

As for the changes after the closing of the Last Call, I see a bunch of "pull" requests to the external web site. There isn't any explanation on the Working Group mailing about the issues and how they were addressed.

I would like to raise an objection on the handing of draft-ietf-git-using-github.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy