Re: As side-effect that should be clarified (was: Re: IETF 107 Vancouver In-Person Meeting Cancelled)

--On Tuesday, March 10, 2020 19:24 -0500 Adam Roach
<adam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 3/10/2020 5:57 PM, John C Klensin wrote:
>> If the meeting is "cancelled", rather than, e.g., being
>> replaced with a virtual one...
>

> John --
>
> Please refer back to the original message in this thread, an
> excerpt of which is quoted below. Thanks.
>

> On 3/10/2020 2:10 PM, The IESG wrote:
>> The IESG is working on an alternative all-virtual agenda for
>> the week of March 21-27 with a limited schedule adapted to
>> accommodate the time zones of as many participants as
>> possible.

Adam,

I did read that.  I also read the subject line of the
announcement (quoted above), which I believe contains the words
"cancelled" and did not say, for example, "IETF 107 will be held
without an in-person meeting in Vancouver".  I'm glad the IESG
has this under control on behalf of the community, but I hope
you can understand the concern resulting from that terminology.

thanks,
   john